Monday, December 28, 2009

Great Light,

i wish it was spring.
actually, i wish it was summer.
i want to go to Africa so badly, i pray that everything works out so i can go. send me to a medical clinic, send me to an orphanage, send me wherever You wish.

i despise winter here, but i know there is a season for everything. i need this time to prepare physically, spiritually, emotionally for this trip. if for some reason this summer is not when You need me to go, i pray that You'll help me not to be discouraged. i want to be your handiwork & be used appropriately whenever You need me. i don't have to go to Africa to make a difference. i could get more involved with the poor and needy here in my hometown. but i feel a calling for Africa. the medical aspect especially hits with me; 25 doctors for 1.2 million people breaks my heart. i chose nursing as a career to be able to go on trips like this. prepare me for whatever You have in store. i want to learn all that i can in school so i can be all that i can for You. all that i can about You, all that i can about us.

prepare my heart for whenever i get to go, for that's the most important part.
in the meantime i'll keep looking at this snow with a longing for warmth, but i'll be thankful knowing You're with me always.

"o knit my thankful heart to Thee and reign without a rival there: Thine wholly, Thine alone i am... be Thou alone my constant flame."

No comments:

Post a Comment